Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ronald McDonald Rocks!



While we were in ICU there are no beds, bathrooms, or even recliners in the rooms. So Jeremy and I had to take shifts. In the waiting room there were about 25 reclining chairs that you could sleep in whenever. But there were no showers.

The greatest thing ever was the Ronald McDonald House. It was in the Hospital. I was like a nice hotel. There were 25 rooms first come first serve. Your child had to be in one of the ICU units to stay there. They were free. You could sign up for a nap time during the day 1 to 5 and then overnight 7 to 11. You had to leave after your time and sign up for the next time slot after it started (first come first serve) So you couldn't just stay in the same room for three days straight. It was to make sure in wasn't just sitting with no one in it and so it could be availible for those who could use it and needed it at that time. They had a kitchen with food and washer and dryers so you could do laundry. They even had computers available. But the firewalls won't let me use my e-mail because it's a Yahoo account or use my blogs. We stayed there two naptimes and one night (I think) It was so great to be able to shower and take turns sleeping.

Once we left the ICU, our room had a hide-a-bed and a bathroom. He was supposed to stay a week but was able to leave two days early because he was doing so well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dusty and Amy said...

You should add a post that says: Jeremy and Chauntel, world's greatest parents!!! You two are simply amazing. I can't put it any other way. I am so glad that we were able to go and see you. I loved having the kids and seeing that beautiful baby Jackson.

8:52 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Angela S said...

Ronald McD's house is amazing and wonderful! I've had more than a few friends who've stayed long term and it is such a blessing. I'm glad they were able to help you guys out!

11:43 AM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home