Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Surgery Update

I just got off the phone with Chauntel and she's in an ICU room with Jackson and he's doing great. The kids and I got to talk to him and he told me about his owie the best he could. The surgeon said that he removed 3 large plates that had not dissolved; one on his forehead, one on top of his head, and one on his left temple - exactly where all of his swelling spots were. If you guys remember from his previous surgery (you can look at previous posts on this blog), he has the drains in his head again and Chauntel says that his stitches look great also. She told me that the plates had left some ridges on his skull, so they sanded them down to smooth it out. She said that there's a possibility of him actually coming home tomorrow.
The kids and I are getting along OK. I feel so much better today but still can't go for much more than 15 minutes w/o taking a break. The kids really need to get out - maybe I can tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger natallie said...

i'm so glad everything went well. jackson is one tough little man!

2:08 PM, November 20, 2007  
Blogger Ro's Lumpy Breast said...

Thanks for the update. I think the blessing for the rest of us is that you are sick and we are able to be updated. I know you would rather be there but I am glad you are updating us and that everything went really well. WE love you guys.

3:25 PM, November 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home